Exposure to blue tungsten oxide or other tungsten compounds will cause the following adverse hazard:
1. The upper respiratory tract and the deep respiratory tract are stimulated and affected by dust;
2. It can make functional disturbances of gastrointestinal tract;
3. It has a stimulating effect on the skin, the nodules appear on the skin and scales.
In order to avoid the adverse effects of exposure to blue tungsten oxide on human health, protection measures are as follows:
1. Persons who work in the tungsten production or processing environment, should go to the hospital regularly through medical monitoring to see if the body is in excess of tungsten content.
2. Staff in the tungsten industry should wear gas masks, gloves, goggles, dust clothes and so on.
3. Enterprises should put safety and health tips, take measures to prevent dust leakage, carry out the work of cleaning and industrial waste disposal to avoid secondary damage.
4. Other people should try to avoid the use of water and food contaminated by tungsten.
5. Residential areas should be far away from the tungsten pollution or processing enterprises.